Legal Terms & Conditions
Welcome to PARKS PROJECT™ ("PARKS PROJECT™," "we" or "us") website, PARKS PROJECT.us (the "Site"). We ask that you abide by the terms and conditions that follow, along with any other terms and conditions that may appear on the Site from time-to-time (collectively, the "Conditions"). Your use of the Site constitutes your agreement with the Conditions that follow and we reserve the right to revise these Conditions at any time. When we make changes, we will post them here. You agree to check this section periodically to be aware of any changes and your continued use of the Site shall be considered your agreement to any modified Conditions. If you do not agree to these Conditions, please do not use the Site.
Unless otherwise noted, all materials, including, but not limited to, images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips, and written and other materials that appear as part of the Site (collectively, the "Contents") are copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual properties owned, controlled or licensed by PARKS PROJECT™. The Contents, and the Site as a whole, are intended solely for personal, non-commercial use by the users of the Site. You may download or copy the Contents and other downloadable materials displayed on the Site for your personal, non-commercial use only. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials or software is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading or copying. You may not reproduce (except as noted above), publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of, or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the Contents, the Site, or any related software. The Site as a whole is protected by copyright and trade dress and all worldwide rights, titles and interests in and to the Site are owned by PARKS PROJECT™.
GIVING BACK POLICY
We do our best to give back responsibly. We work with the official non-profit partners of the parks, and each of the projects we support is designated by one of these organizations. We make quarterly donations directly to park conservancies who earmark the dollars for specific projects we highlight.
As of 7/1/18, we give back 5%-20% of net revenue per purchase. The specific giveback percentage (%) is noted on the product page and is determined through collaboration with the designated non-profit partner. As of 7/1/18, we commit to one company volunteer day per quarter.
At PARKS PROJECT™, we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
We are not responsible for the content on, or privacy practices of, any non-PARKS PROJECT.com web site to which this Site links or that links to this Site.
PARKS PROJECT™ will not collect any personal information about you except when specifically and knowingly provided by you. Examples of such information are name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number, email address, credit card information and customer preferences data. Examples of ways in which we may collect such information from you include the following:
A. Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of this Site or ordering products, you must complete a registration form. When registering, you will be prompted to provide certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number, email address, and credit card number. In addition, you may also be asked to provide your country of residence and/or your organization's country of operation, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations, and for your gender. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and this Site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we will use the personal information to contact you.
B. Email Addresses. Some areas of the Site allow you to enter your email address for purposes including, but not limited to: opening a PARKS PROJECT™ account.
C. Cookies. Like most other websites, PARKS PROJECT™ may use cookie technology throughout this Site. A cookie is a small removable data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer. Cookies are used to provide customers with tighter security, customized content, tracking of orders and shopping cart items. Unfortunately, customers who turn off cookies in their browser settings may not be able to shop from this Site. THIS SITE'S COOKIES DO NOT AND CANNOT INFILTRATE A USER'S HARD DRIVE TO GATHER A USER'S CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. Our cookies are not "spyware."
THIRD PARTY COLLECTION
Parks Project uses third party services to better understand user needs and to optimize our service and the experience. These services help us better understand user behaviours (e.g. time spent on individual pages, links clicked, what users like or don’t, etc.) and enable us to build and maintain our service with user feedback. In the case of such services, cookies and other technologies are used to collect data on user behaviors, and devices. This includes a device's IP address (processed during your session and stored in a de-identified form), device screen size, device type (unique device identifiers), browser information, geographic location (country only), and the preferred language used to display our website. Such services store data on our behalf in a pseudonymized user profile. They are contractually forbidden to sell any information collected on our behalf. No sensitive data like password or credit card numbers are collected.
- Hotjar is a technology service that helps us better understand our users’ experience (e.g. how much time they spend on which pages, which links they choose to click, what users do and don’t like, etc.) and this enables us to build and maintain our service with user feedback.
- DataFeedWatch uses collected website data to communicate with Visitors, to customize content for Visitors, to show ads on other websites to Visitors, and to improve its website by analyzing how Visitors navigate its website.
- Klaviyo uses collected website data to help customize marketing strategy, personalize marketing content, target customers for marketing campaigns, analyze and enhance communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read), and analyze results from marketing campaigns.
- This site uses the Lucky Orange analytics system to help improve usability and the customer experience. Lucky Orange may record mouse clicks, mouse movements and scrolling activity. Lucky Orange may record keystroke information that you voluntarily enter on this website.
- Stamped.io processes information about search behaviour and other user behaviour on the website, including the total number of visits to the website. The information will, however, not be processed in a way that can trace the behaviour to specific users. These statistical and non-personal information can be transferred to third parties.
- Retina.ai is a predictive tool that allows us to personalize marketing campaigns and show more relevant products to more engaged users. They do NOT collect any personally identifiable information such as names or addresses in cookies we create. They do use encrypted information gathered from users to help improve experience of the site and marketing campaigns performance.
- Yotpo is a proprietary ecommerce marketing platform in which information related to an End-User’s participation in a loyalty or referral program is collected. By entering your phone number in the checkout and initialising a purchase, subscribing via our subscription form or a keyword, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed 20 a month. You acknowledge that consent is not a condition for any purchase. If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us or use the unsubscribe link we provided you with in any of our messages. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests will not be accounted as a reasonable means of opting out. Message and data rates may apply. For any questions please text HELP to the number you received the messages from. You can also contact us for more information. If you wish to opt out please follow the procedures above.
- SMS Bump is a messaging service where the customer can opt in to receive messages and utilizes consumer based information solely for the purposes of providing a better service, research and development, compliance and protection, internet based advertising, and direct marketing and advertising.
We do not sell or rent information about our customers and all information provided to PARKS PROJECT™ remains absolutely confidential, except that:
A. We may share aggregate or summary information regarding our customers with partners, advertisers or other third parties. This data will never identify you personally.
B. We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, mailing house, fulfillment company or web host) or that help us market our products and services. This information may also be shared with marketers whose products or services we feel may be of interest to you. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use any personal information we share with them about you for any other purpose.
C. We will use your personal information to communicate with you about your orders and deliveries, and we may send you a confirmation email when you register/place an order with us. Also, if you submit your email address to register for updates or to open a PARKS PROJECT™ account, we use it to deliver the information to you.
D. We may be required to disclose such information in response to subpoenas, court orders, requests from law-enforcement officials, or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law.
E. We may publicly disclose the name, city, and state of the winner of any online sweepstakes.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
Shopping on the Site is easy, secure and worry-free. We have taken several measures to guarantee that your order and your credit card information are safe and secure. Our servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an advanced encryption technology that works with Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 3.0 and above), Netscape Navigator (versions 2.0 and above), and AOL (AOL 3.0 and above).
SSL is considered the industry standard and is among the leading software available to encrypt online transactions. Your personal information including your name, credit card number and address is encrypted so that it cannot be read as it is transmitted over the Internet. Regardless of these efforts, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, any information you transmit to us is sent at your own risk.
SAFE SHOPPING GUARANTEE
The Fair Credit Billing Act states that your bank cannot hold you liable for more than $50.00 of fraudulent credit card charges. If your bank does hold you liable for any amount up to the full $50.00, PARKS PROJECT™ will cover the entire liability, up to the full $50.00.
If you suspect unauthorized use of your credit card, you must notify your credit card according to its reporting rules and procedures.
Please note that PARKS PROJECT™ will cover this liability only if the unauthorized use of your credit card resulted through no fault of your own from purchases made at PARKS PROJECT™ online shopping while using our secure server.
We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from a user of the Site who is under the age of thirteen, we will remove that child’s personal information from our files.
OPT OUT / CORRECTIONS
Upon your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending emails to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by emailing your request to PARKS PROJECT™.com's Customer Support department at info@PARKS PROJECT™.com. Please clearly label the subject line "Opt Out / Corrections," and do not email your credit-card number or other sensitive information.
OFFLINE COLLECTION, USE & DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue at info@PARKS PROJECT.com.
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order, whether or not the order has been confirmed, for any or no reason, and without liability to you or anyone else. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event we make a change to or cancel an order, we will attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors. If your payment method has already been charged for an order that is later cancelled, PARKS PROJECT™ shall issue you a refund.
Most PARKS PROJECT™ products displayed on the Site are available in select stores in the United States and select foreign markets while supplies last. In some cases, all merchandise displayed on the Site may not be available for sale in stores.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products that appear on the Site. However, as the actual colors you see will depend on your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any color will be accurate.